The Board of Education established a district dress code of all students, and this dress code will be enforced at San Jose Middle School. The following are included in the District dress code:
1. Shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals or open toed shoes are not allowed.
2. Clothing, jewelry and personal items (backpacks, fanny packs, gym bags, water bottles etc.) shall be free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane or sexually suggestive, which bear drug, alcohol or tobacco company advertising, promotions and likenesses, or which advocate racial, ethnic or religious prejudice.
3. Hats, caps and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors.
4. Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments.
5. Gym shorts may not be worn in classes other than physical education except when used by the school to replace dress code violation clothes.