The San Jose Middle School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an active group that plays a significantly positive role in shaping your child’s experience at SJMS. Working together as parents and teachers, we bring many exciting opportunities to the school, to support our students in their achievement of the highest level of success during Middle School and beyond.
The SJMS PTA has chosen to continue strengthening its efforts toward the following goals:
- Enhance instructional programs with field trips, assemblies, and community learning experiences.
- Provide educational programs that enrich student learning and establish lifelong skills for continued success.
- Provide educational programs that enrich the entire SJMS community.
- Promote a safe, calm, and inviting learning environment through providing the resources necessary for students to focus on their needs and remove themselves from distraction.
- Continue to invest in technology to support learning, providing students the opportunity to develop comfort and competence with using technology as a learning tool.
- Encourage parent and teacher participation both inside and outside the classroom.
- Nurture a school-wide community where all students and families feel a sense of belonging.
Your student’s achievement and well-being in Middle School are more important than ever! Teachers and staff at San Jose Middle School are committed to preparing your child for high school and beyond by establishing the foundational skills necessary for success in today’s fast-paced world.
- After school enrichment (Bridge After school)
- Amazon Smiles/iGive
- Back to School BBQ
- Dine & Donate Program
- Educational Assemblies
- Eighth Grade Dance
- Eighth Grade Pool Party
- Hospitality Coffees
- Ice Cream Social
- Kindness Campaign
- Membership Drive
- Night Under the Stars Auction
- Parents’ Night Out
- Spirit wear
- Spring Book Fair
- Spring Fiesta
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Teacher Classroom Supply Fund
- Tour of Novato